Young Drivers Insurance
Selling Young Driver Car Insurance :
Younger drivers are more likely to cause serious accidents whilst on the road; it is for this reason that they pay more for their car insurance. A young driver is usually classed as someone who is younger than 25 years of age.
Some insurance compan ies offer policies especially for students and young drivers. These policies are often cheaper because certain options have been removed from the insurance package, for examp l e:
- You may not be able to protect your no claims bonus.
- The excess that you need to pay if you cause an accident may be higher than that of other insurance companies.
- You may not have a temporary replacement car option if yours needs to be repaired.
- You may only be able to purchase your insurance online rather than in store.
By removing options such as these, the insurance company can offer lower premiums to young drivers. If you are a student or young driver looking for cheap car insurance, it is well worth checking out policies specialised for your circumstances, but be aware that exemptions have been made to these policies in order to lower their price.
As well as looking for a policy specialised for young drivers, there are a number of other ways to reduce the cost of your car insurance:
- Take an advanced driving course, such as the pass plus, to improve your driving skills. Most insurance companies will then consider you to be a safer driver and will give you a discount.
- Avoid buying large, sporty cars, especially those with a turbo engine.
- If you have family member that has a lot driving experience and has a good driving record, insure your car under their name. If you do this however, you cannot build up your no-claims bonus.